Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No tragedy

James and I have indeed returned from Mexico! Which by the way was AMAZING!!! We haven't quite made it home yet, but I will give you an excellent description of our adventure as soon as we get home and I actually have a transfer cord to get all of my video's and pictures uploaded onto the computer.
This I suppose is just a thought until then. I opened up "The Miracle of Forgiveness" and at the Very beginning it states from 1Cor. 15:55-56 "There is no tragedy except in sin." And I thought to myself ... wow... That is true. I know I'm terrible at remembering names in the scriptures, but the prophet who lost literally EVERYTHING probably didn't mind so much because he saw the big picture. He knew that he really hadn't lost his family. And that his possessions were nothing. Especially if compared to what his Father in Heaven has prepared for him for his obedience. The loss of earthly items, status, health, friends, family ... they really don't matter. This life is all a test. A test to see what we will do with the cards that are dealt to us. There are no tragedy's in this life. The only tragedy that could ever befall us (in the eternal perspective) is sin.

I listen to the Christian Rock Radio Station most the time and there was a woman who had wrote in about how her and her husband were going to get divorced. Then she turned the radio to this station and a song was on that said, "If you gotta start somewhere why not here. If you gotta start sometime why not now. If we gotta start somewhere I say here. If we gotta start sometime I say now. Through the fog there is hope in the distance." I think that line is applicable to anything in our lives. Start your life from here. It doesn't matter what you've done. It is never to late to stop and fix your life. Some say there's a "point of no return," but I say no matter how far you've gone past that point, I think you can still clean up your act and return. Return to a point where you are happy with you. That's all that matters.

P.S. James says that if you decide to read that book, to read the last two chapters first. There is an ending, and you won't feel so horrible as you read if you know the ending. (Also it was Job that lost everything).
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

No comments: