Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cancun Day Four:

Thurs Day 4: Snorkeling for the First Time EVER was nice. It was like you could just sit there and float, look around and still breathe All at the same time! It was really fun. I hope to be able to do it again one day in an area that has more variety in colors and fish. Like a secluded spot in Hawaii or something where not a lot of tourists go. Then the coral would be more nice I think because of less people traffic.
We ended up seeing a STING RAY!!! It was so awesome! I was thinking to myself, "How could I see a Sting Ray?" Then it hit me, "Sting rays bury themselves in the sand." So I left the Coral part and floated over the sand, and it wasn't too long after that we saw one! I Even got it on Video Tape! Lucky Us! Heavenly Father is so good to us. I startled James at one point and didn't realize that I had gotten it on Video till later. He startled me too. We're Giant fish to each other under the water.

James and I took out a double Kayak after that. This Kayak was nice because James could actually use it! Other ones (Where there is a top, and a sitting hole) he hasn't been able to use because he's top heavy. It was fun to take it out on the water and see the pretty blues of the Ocean. (The Kayak was one of the many things to rent for free each day).

A couple that traveled from Salt Lake with us and got rooms below us. They were married 4 days later on the beach and we got to see it! Her Dress was so Beautiful! Flowers down the entire left side. They were a Super Cute couple.
We went with Allison & Steve out on the Catamaran. It was like the Catamaran's on "Water World!" Well, ... not really. But the water did come up through the bottom of it! My Uncle's is all wood on the bottom, so it was neat to have warm water spilling over the sides. I really loved having my feet water ski in the front of the Boat. And James got the boat going pretty fast at some points! Every day was a great day for another boat ride! Too bad we could only have it for an hour each day.

We decided to head into the “city” that night. Also known as Playa De Carmen, to do a little bartering and see if there was anything there that we might Actually like. It was interesting seeing how bartering worked. The second you start to walk away they are all of a sudden ready to give you the price you were asking for, but since we weren’t really interested in buying James would just be like, “It’s too late.” We did end up purchasing One item, but it was a high quality item, and when I say high quality I mean “high quality” for Mexico. If there is such a thing. We got a cotton Hammock for $20. Maybe we could have gotten a better price, but from all the places we went, that was the best we had seen, later we found a guy who Started AT $25, but I don’t think Mexican’s have a return policy.

NACHO!!!
Love Always,

Mrs. Fray Fray

No comments: