Tuesday, July 12, 2011

SALMON FESTIVAL: KISS Concert & Dance

This week, in Grand Falls-Windsor, they were having their Salmon Festival. Which basically means, one week of non-stop parties. They had the Carnival and KISS come to town! There were other performers with KISS such as Smashmouth, Fefe Dobson, The Orchestra & Down with Webster. Members of iconic rock group Kiss, Gene Simmons, Tommy &&&&&&&<span class=lt;span class=" id="SPELLING_ERROR_3">More than 20,000 people attended the concert! And Grand Falls has only 13,000 residents! Plus there have only been a few people I have talked too that live IN town that actually went. So this small town had probably over 25,000 people crowded into it over the weekend. Which made calling people extremely difficult. When you sent a text it took 30-45min. to reach it's recipient! It was crazy. James and I saw all the people at the concert from the hill overlooking the Field it was at, but we didn't pay to go in. Way too much money to go. But it was fun to know they came to town. Some of the Sales Rep's went and they said that KISS was really entertaining.
There was also a Town Dance to finish off the end of the week festivities. And, I told James Barclay I wouldn't put up any of these photos on Facebook, but . . . I never said I wouldn't put it on my blog lol! Plus, I don't think he'll ever look at it anyways, so . . . I think it's ok? Plus even if he does; James, it's O.K. because no-one YOU know (besides me) will ever see these =] lol. I think he's a little embarrassed that while in an intoxicated state he may or may not have danced with Some Older women. Women who may or may not have been cougars. MY James called them Saber-Toothed Tigers (Because of they were so old/age gap).
James and I could not stop laughing at Barclay. At first he was just doing it to be "nice", but then he really got into it. There he is with 3 of the 5, Older Women. Best Photo of the night! I probably love it so much because it reminds me a little bit of Shallow Hal, ya know, the scene where he 'thinks' he's dancing with a group of beautiful women, and then it shows his friends perspective and he refers to them as a hippo, hyena and giraffe.
Whoa! Is that Andrew!? He hit it up with the ladies too, lol
Barclay went to get out of the car at the end of the night and fell Straight into the bushes. Andrew kept saying, "The number one sales rep in the company is down! He's Down!" I'm just glad we could at least drive them home safe (Because James and I don't drink). Getting from the Car to the House Door is something they have to do on their own lol.
This band, that played at the dance, were actually pretty good! The lead singer was very impressive. I guess I was surprised because they were all pretty old. But, at least the Band was, "Young at Heart" (Actual name of Band).
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

No comments: