Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Floor Hockey in Newfoundland

During our spare time in Newfoundland many of us would regularly attend the gym. Since I was the only girl, almost all of the time, I would do my cardio thing and the guy's would go in the back room and do whatever it is they do in the weight room. All I know, is that whenever they finish whatever it is they do in there, they always want to push one another around, grunt and flex. It's quite silly I think sometimes.

After being there for some time, they began to come together and play floor hockey as a group after their workout was over. It looked like fun, but I would rather not be in the middle of their push fest, so I sat on the sidelines hoping not to get run over. The first time they got together and did this there were three or four young boys that joined in. I think the funniest part was when a 10 year old kid (Who was quite small, he may have been younger than 10) attempted to check Colin (a big guy) in the corner. He was pushing up on him, being all "tough." And to be honest, it was hard not to laugh at that sight. James (my husband) started to laugh as well when he saw it.

The next time they came together to play I caught it on camera. I had to secretly tape them because boys get all weird when they see you "videotaping" but they seem to love the end result. So, ... I did what I had to do so that everyone was happy. I got the video footage I wanted, and they got their edited film strip. The only way to get it though was to be very sneaky. Which I did with pleasure.
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

No comments: