Tuesday, February 15, 2011

More Fun ... Less Tears

High Resolution DVD Cover art for Who Are The Debolts?
Life should be more fun, with less tears.
Don't Cry over spilt Milk.
Just take everything one step at a time.
Enjoy it. Live for it. Laugh at it.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck

I was thinking to myself today, while watching a family Documentary from the 70's. This, of course, was well before 'reality T.V.' where every Family and their Dog got their own show. The Documentary was called, "Who are the DeBolts?" They are a family with 19 children. Many of those children were adopted and at least half had disabilities of one kind or another. It was interesting to see how much Joy they had. There seemed to be more laughter in the home and personal triumphs for the disabled than there was of fighting and contention. There was unity in the home. It was a well put together film.

Anyways, while watching this film I was thinking about how everyone can have that kind of a home. Attitude is everything. I feel like in our culture today people see it more fit to be upset over little things that happen to them, rather than to brush it off and move on. Being the "Victim" gets you more attention I suppose than just being happy. Life should have more Joy with less tears. Less Frustration. What's wrong with just being happy? I think sometimes things Can be, and Are frustrating. But there's no need to make a bigger deal out of it than it is. Let it go, and move on.
When I was younger, and I became upset, I used to bottle it up and hold it in and fume over things that really didn't matter. But, I've trained myself to better let things go and to calm myself down before I get upset over something that isn't worth my time to be upset about. Besides, being upset never made me happy. So why Bother?
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

No comments: