Friday, February 4, 2011

Getting DRESSed

Today after the Institute (Weekly) Friday Lunch, I drove home to wait for James till he got out of class. While at home, I continued my plans for his 30th Birthday Murder Mystery Party! I was attempting to decide which character I would play and if I were to play certain characters, what would I wear!? I looked and looked at evening gowns from 1961 online and I thought, "I wonder if my wedding dress would look retro enough? I decided I wanted to try it on to see. So I pulled it out, and after 2 1/2 years of sitting in a closet it still looked great! I turned it over so it's backside would show and the lace-up on the back was completely undone.

I took the time to lace each one back up so that I could just slip right in it and tie myself up to surprise my Husband when he came home! But when I was done and attempted to jump in I realized I would need to have it more loosened up than it was. I turned around still standing with it at my knees loosening it up and pulling, and loosening it up and pulling. Finally I decided that it HAD to be loosened up enough! And that going in through the top obviously was not going to work.

Heads first then! I pulled the dress up over my head arms straight in the air and let it fall as much as it could. It STILL wasn't enough! "Well," ... I thought to myself. "I'm certain it is enough. If someone were here they would be able just to tug a little and it for sure would be on." I leaned my leg against the bed and caught the bottom of my dress with my foot and pulled it down. Then I did the same to the other side. Then back to the previous side again. With each tug it got tighter and tighter and I knew it wasn't going to get on all the way without assistance. The only problem now was, I was stuck! I couldn't get it on, and now I couldn't get it off! And my arms were still Straight up in the Air! I had to think quick. I picked up my phone and using my left arm bent my elbow to reach my right ear and called James. He answered (and was out of class now waiting for someone at the Institute).

"I'm Stuck!" I said. "What?!" He answered in confusion, with a little bit of concern. "I tried to put my wedding dress on and now I'm stuck in it!" He laughed out loud and the people near him were informed of my sad little predicament and I heard them laughing too. "Help!" I pleaded. "My arms are sticking straight up in the air!" Laughter. "I'm loosing circulation in my right arm!" They burst out laughing even more. He informed me that he was on his way. I layed down on the couch, trying to help my arms get blood to them, struggling a little bit for freedom, then I Started to pull my weight upward attempting to pull the dress down. IT WORKED! I had the dress on and my arms were saved! Double bonus! I quickly called James and told him I got it on.

I then decided I wanted to eat spaghetti. I heated it up put on an apron, Layed on the living room floor and enjoyed a saucy lunch. In my wedding dress :) When he came home, he tied and tightened up the back of my dress so that I could fully enjoy sitting in it properly, and ... laughed at me a little more.
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

2 comments:

Midori said...

that is so Cute and silly!! I wonder if i can still fit in my dress. Maybe I will try next time I go to new york. It's at nate's parents.

Heather said...

you were supposed to redo getting stuck so you could post a picture of it! lol love you!