Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sunny River Day

Today at work the owner, Mrs. D'ARCY, had her own tournament (She's 84yrs. old). So...at 11:00 our bosses gave us free pizza, sent us home early and PAID US as if we had left at 1:30! (That's when our day ends) :) YAY!!! I was super excited about that! So what was I going to do with that extra time I had off? Hmmm....On a hot day? I decided that I wanted to go to the river. But whom with? So...I called Sarah (My sister-in-law) and we took her three children and Zoe to the river. Jackson is too young to swim (or walk for that matter) so he sat in his little baby carriage for most of the time.
But Liam, Kylee and Zoe were all set and ready to SWIM! None of them actually know HOW to swim quite yet, but they sure loved playing in the water! Once the inflatable shark was good to go we held it next to the shore (both Sarah and I) and ALL the kids jumped on it!
They ALL wanted a turn, but...they ended up all toppling in the water (which was not quite a foot deep). Liam stood up, so he was fine, but I grabbed Zoe (2yrs) because Liam had landed ON her. Then Kylee went floating away up her face went and under and up and under, it all happened pretty fast but Sarah got her and toppled in herself while attempting to rescue her and then once she had her had trouble standing up ha ha it was kinda finny. I know it sounds horrible but ... there was really nothing you could do but Laugh at the entire situation, it was ridiculous and funny All at once! Sarah laughed too, and was REALLY glad no one saw that ha ha. But...I guess it doesn't really matter now that I've told all of you about it ha ha!
BESIDES THAT, it was an overall enjoyable time. Only ONE child on the shark at a time was the rule after that mini incident and no-one was aloud to walk in the water deeper than their belly button. If we couldn't see it they were too far! Liam kept testing the boundaries, but he never got the chance to cover his button.

Sarah's first attempt to ride the shark didn't go so well. She sat and BLOOP she was in the river yet again!!!
It was quite humerus, I was just disappointed I didn't video tape it! I called for one of the kids to grab my camera, but they were too busy with their food, and By the time I got it out, she had gotten out of the water (as in she was no longer sitting in it). The day died down and we put all the kids down for their naps, and we plan on another river adventure but...without the kids. An adult day to float the river.

Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

No comments: