Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Calgary Stampede Night!

Talk about Magical, one of the best, nights of my life! But...to tell the ENTIRE story, we must start from the beginning.

So...I woke up and went to work, as usual. James and I had plans to go to the Calgary Stampede, Monday the 6th, after work and hit the Simple Plan concert, which was free with admission to the park. I had booked off Tuesday because I knew I wouldn't even get to bed till WELL PAST 11p.m. that night, and I was NOT going to wake up at 4:30 for work the next day.

While at Work on Monday I was put on the duty of Side winding. Well...While on the 6th hole I accidentally sunk it into one of the bunkers and REALLY got it stuck. My boss, Mike, came and pulled it out after about 15min of pulling and pushing. It was then Lunch time so after we got it out we headed back to the shop for lunch. I was eating lunch when Mike came in and was like, "Angela, before you head out after lunch can you come into my office?" Everyone around me was like, "DUN DUn Dun!" And I literally had NO Idea what to expect! So, I go in there and Mike and Kim (My Boss and His Boss) are in there and are all like, we're a little shorthanded tomorrow, so...You can't have the day off." I was like, "Are you Serious?" They were all, "Yeah." Then I stood there confused and dumbfounded for a moment. (Video is "The New Cities")
"JUST KIDDING!" Then they pulled out free passes to Stampede Park for me AND James, PLUS TWO TICKETS TO A VIP LOUNGE AT THE COCA COLA STAGE!!! (Called "The Red Box") Where they would serve FREE FOOD AND DRINKS and I would get to see the concert without having mosh pit horror stories or anything! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!I was in total SHOCK! YAY!!!! was all I could muster out at the time, and "Wow." As I walked out the mechanic was like "See you at 5:30." I stopped and was like, "That was a joke right?" They just laughed. (I think it was a joke, and if it wasn't...I didn't go in this morning ha ha)!

So James and I made it to Stampede Park by 3 O'clock ish. (We met up in Calgary and then hopped on the C-Train there). We got lots of FREE stuff there, mostly because we didn't want to pay for anything. Dr. Ho's Electric shock on the muscles we got to use for free, that was nice. A free Ring cleaning. Free food samples. Free AMAZING massage chair usage. and other stuff as well. We Ran into his 2nd Cousins there and chatted it up. Overall the park was very enjoyable to walk around at. We even saw this hypnotist at the Coke Stage that was HILARIOUS! Weird bird people passing us, marching bands walking through the park and the like. (That picture shows the calgary tower, before simple plan came. We were IN Downtown Calgary).

THEN, it was time for the CONCERTS to begin! We first saw "The New Cities" they are a band from Ontario and then SIMPLE PLAN!, who I learned are also from Canada (East Coast French Side).

They were SOOOO Funny! Demanding Hot dogs and popcorn (as a joke) and then some guy brought them some! And one of the dudes was like "Where's my hot dog!" and another band member was like, "Dude they're right there." "Oh, O.k." They said lots of random stuff. It was funny. I HAD SUCH A BLAST! I want to go to another concert SOON! That was my first Concert Ever and it was Amazing! I loved it! and the best part with the Red Box was that We got to have fun without having people push into us, smelly sweaty people, getting drinks splattered all over us (people were thrashing water in the air) seeing girls boobs from flashing the band (but we saw the back of them doing it ha ha) or anything else that could have made the concert bad. It was great! I loved it! And I am TOTALLY going to write a THANK YOU to my Bosses! YAY!!!! That was SO FUN!!!! (Heavenly Father Blesses us SO much! He's SO AWESOME! I Mean, What were the chances the WE would get passes to the "Red Box" (Only 12 Seats in there! And usually High end Corporate People!) AND there was only US and ONE other couple in their 20's with our servers! It was sweet! Pretty unbelievable chances! THAT was for SURE a blessing from God!)
P.S. Happy 11 month Aniversary

Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

1 comment:

Carisa said...

sounds like you guys had a great time!