Friday, March 26, 2010

Snowboarding!*

Friday Night! Karaoke! James and I stayed out late and had a lot of fun on Friday Night!
We went to "Cross Iron Mills" the new mall in Calgary that is supposed to larger than the West Edmonton Mall (used to be the largest mall in the world!). And we just mosy'd around and looked, but not buying. And had fun looking at ALL the stuffed beasts in Outdoor World. There were a ton! And there were bass and Salmon in a huge fish tank just swimmin around. It was pretty sweet. We then went to Boston Pizza where Nick is best bud works. It was delicious. And next door in the BP's Lounge there was some Karaoke going on. Well...I am not one to sing in front of people ... ever! It just makes me nervous and I refuse to do it unless necessary! But for some reason I just kept thinking "Angela...you should do it!" And so...I did!We went over there, and it smelt so gross everyone in there was plastered, except the waitress and the bartender. And James was about to talk me out of it when we saw a couple we knew. They lived in our apartment complex when we lived in Canyon Meadows area and we had gone over to their house a few times and made them cookies a few times and it was so weird how we ran into them there! But Jean (the dude) is a karaoke nut! He goes to Las Vegas for competitions sometimes! So, it's like his favorite hobby of all time. Anyways, I sang Taylor Swift's song, "Love Story" and I did Fantastic! Obviously! And then shortly after that we left. But maybe I was told to go into the lounge side just to see them? Maybe? And for some strange reason I've always wanted to Karaoke in public at least once in my life. And so I did, YAY for me!? So that's that story. P.S When we first walked in A drunk guy tried to dance with James! he said, "You wanna dance? You sure are a big guy." Awkward, James of course was pushing him back and declined his advances ha ha Funny!James and I went to Canadian Olympic Park today! It was an utter Blast! I received a lesson from a guy who I'm 85% sure was from Australia, of course,...most people that live on the snow hills here are from there, and New Zealand. I neglected to ask him though. I don't know why But he taught me how to do toe edge! :) I am usually ABSOLUTELY frightened! with the prospect of going toe edge, but he helped me and by the end of the lesson was super impressed with me. Usually people don't catch on to EVERYTHING he says within the first hour and a half! So that was exciting! And some of my runs were a tad slow but by the end of the day when I really got into the toe edge and the practice of it I was hauling down the hill! Despite the ice and slush! We ended up leaving earlier than I had hoped, but the slush was just too annoying ha ha but it was still super fun! I can't wait for our next Snowboarding venture!
I love you James! Thank you SO much for the fantastic day today!

Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray





P.S. I am JUST learning toe edge! Plus I didn't fall down too much, James just happened to catch my beginning run/learning toe edge falls ha ha, and that is a fact!

2 comments:

Heather said...

i love your pants!

Cheryl and Bob said...

Uuummm, just so you know, it's JUNE 2. A new post would be nice! Ha ha!!