Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Meal Plan

I’ve been wanting to create a Monthly, or weekly meal plan for myself so that when James and I return to School this fall I won’t have to stress over dinner! Plus it would save us tons of money to use food we have, and to buy food specific for what we are going to need for that week. I mean, that way you wouldn’t have food going bad and you wouldn’t have to magically create something out of thin air with sour cream? Because It’s going to expire, Yesterday!!! (If it already hasn’t).

Anyways, I decided to find and think of at least 5 weeks of dinners! Which makes me very excited! I started it today and have approximately 3 ¼ weeks completed now. And the great thing is that All of my Dinners are either, Slow cooker meals, so that I can leave for school and come home to a fantastic smelling apartment. Easy Quick meals, which there aren’t too many of, but they are quick and of course Easy! And pre-prepared meals, that I can make and put in my freezer on Sunday and come back to it in the middle of the week to just slide it into the oven! It just makes it easier for James and I by doing it this way.

Plus we should be able to get plenty of leftovers for lunches from these meals! That way we aren’t buying too many of those quick lunch pre-packaged meals at the store that cost $ Money.
I’m just super excited and super ready to get school going and this step I took today will reduce stress and costs while we attend school.

HOORAY!
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

3 comments:

Cheryl and Bob said...

You should post your meal plan...the hardest thing about dinner is deciding what to make. I love trying new things that other people have tried and love rather than just trying random stuff. Plus, I imagine that you guys are pretty healthy and I love healthy food--who am I kidding?! I love really rich, fatty food too but it would be better if I had more healthy food ideas to keep my mind off the "bad" stuff.

So, do tell...

Midori said...

I went to a class during the education week. and the lady suggested we decide what kind of food we make for each day. like Monday is Italian, Tuesday is Chinese, and so on. and we make something different each week. like week 1 Monday: meatball spaghetti. week 2 Monday: lasagna. and so on. then we would know what kind of groceries we need to make those. like spaghetti sauce, pasta, hamburger... and we repeat it every month. and you can actually rotate your food storage by doing this too. I hope i explained it well. haha. but I think I wanna do something like this after I graduate. too much stress to think about it now. :)

The Frasers said...

haha that's why I've done it, to save money on groceries and such, but most of my meals are fix and forget it or meals I can make on Sunday and put in the freaszer till later, It just makes it easier at school so you dont have too cook when you get home, you just eat it or put what you've pre-made in the oven. SO helpful to us, less stress!