Saturday, January 16, 2010

Triumph in the Restraunt

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing"
Last night in "The Phoenix Grill" Restaurant our group of nine had dinner. It was Rob and his parents, Whitney and our parents, James and Elizabeth Smith our Ex-roommate. The meal was great the service was absolutely wonderful. We all just had an excellent time there, except for ... one thing. Like a cockroach in the ice cream but in real life-ness. You know, one bad thing sitting right in the middle of this great thing! (A.E. Ice cream!).

Well, the waitresses, greeters and bar side servers were ALL girls and they were ALL very unprofessional in their attire. I say this due to the fact the TWO of the girls for sure were wearing T-shirts as their dress and if they was ANY I mean ANY riding up or bending over the entire world would have seen what they had. LITERALLY they both had dresses that were barley covering the cheekage on their bums. They were Just Barely covering their cheeks. It was bad. And EVERYBODY noticed. But it doesn't stop there. In the entire restaurant there was only ONE girl wearing a skirt to her knees. The rest of them had pretty short skirts. with High slits (some to the butt). Then there were boobs hanging out and sleeves falling off shoulders, everywhere you looked all you saw was Legs and Boobs! I never thought I would get dinner AND a SHOW! But, to my surprise, that's exactly what I got.

It wouldn't have been that appalling if they ALL wore the same uniform. But this wasn't the case and it was embarrassing to watch them. I mean, I don't think any of those girls knew how to respect themselves, or others for that matter. And if I had seen them on the street I wouldn't have cared, but this was a service oriented job and they were AT work. Ridiculous.

Anyways, Rob and James had to avert their eyes the entire night and even I had a hard time not looking at ALL the legs. So, Whitney, Elizabeth and I thought it appropriate to bring it to the managers attention. Because it obviously wasn't an issue they were going to address any time soon.

After the meal, Elizabeth and I grabbed the manager and politely complimented the service, the meal and the time we had. Then we gave him our complaint. We said that we felt that a few of the dresses that the girls were wearing skirts that were just a little too short. His reaction to this was Utter surprise! He thought we would have complained about something else. But to complain about the girls work attire?! He literally looked like he had NEVER hear that before. He said he would look into it, but he was really surprised! I don't think he knew how exactly to react to a complaint like like, Especially since it was from two young and hip and Extremely good looking girls I might add. Vs having it come from a 75 year old crazy lady. So, I don't know what will come about from this, but at least we felt good about doing something!

As stated at the top, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." And I'm glad I did SOMETHING!

Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

2 comments:

Midori said...

oh wow that is embarrassing of them. I'm glad that you guys complained!! good job!

Elizabeth said...

Hehe, wow, we're cool. And I'm also glad that we're not 75-year-old ladies. :) Thanks for being my modesty buddy!