Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Calling

I was surprised at church two Sunday's ago, to hear that Brother Florence (a member of the Bishop Brick wanted to see me). I knew that I needed to brace myself for whatever he was wanting to see me for. And of course I assumed that it was just a talk or perhaps something on my tithing slip had been a little mathematically off, something little maybe?

Well, I got a new calling. I was shocked at first because I had just gotten my groove down with the 11-12yr old class. Taking their sarcastic comments and incorporating them into the lesson, bribing them with candy, being able to handle a rowdy day and a spiritual day, and I don't doubt that I was probably a little prideful in the fact that I felt confident in what I was doing and that I was the most amazing teacher ever! (Well,...the spirit was the most amazing, I just happened to be his representative for the class). And the best part was that when they all turned 12 I got to go to Relief Society instead of Primary after Sunday School. Life was bliss.

But now Things are a bit shaken up. I am the new teacher of the 4-5yr old class! I am excited yet super scared all at the same time. I feel a little inadequate, and it's a pretty good sized class of BOYS (well, there is one girl but she doesn't come too often). And one child has down syndrome, but at least most Sunday's he will have a helper there to be with him specifically. It's scary, but I hope the Lord will guide me through this one. And help me to be the best teacher I can be for this class.

Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

1 comment:

Midori said...

woohoo!! im sure you will do great!! it will probably not easy at first? but Heavenly Father will help you! plus you are raelly spiritual.