Friday, October 9, 2009

Work?

Now that it has snowed, and the temperature continues to drop each morning, I am getting less and less work at D'Arcy. I have been searching for the past few days for job positions available, but there certainly are not as many listing for jobs now, as compared to what there was this time last year! One word. Recession. Which equals, Destruction...on me.

And one bad thing about me trying to get anything RETAIL this year is that I HAVE to be upfront and honest with potential employers about me being gone during blackout days! And Dec. 26th here is Canada, is like Black Friday in the States. You CANNOT NOT be at work? You HAVE to be available during that time to work, and normally, it would be NO problem. But to my dismay, this year, Whitney is getting married in California! And DURING the Blackout season for retail stores! Oh Whitney...It's OK, I don't blame you, I blame your fiance' ha ha J/K. I fear that I will not be able to obtain ANY job until after The new year! which is TOO long for me to be out of work! That's TWO months with no work! And that is unacceptable to me. So, as the saying goes...Beggars Can't be Choosers. And I think for me that means. If I still have to work outside in the cold, or flip burgers, then I guess that's what I'm gonna have to do till the New year rings in. But hopefully I will not be doomed to doing that kind of work once again. I hope I can be blessed with a GOOD, FUN, and ENJOYABLE work environment.
I probably just sound a tad negative today because I'm stressed. This too shall pass.

Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Ang, I hope something works out soon! I agree that it was very inconvenient of Whitney to go off and get engaged and have the wedding over the holidays, haha. But I guess she really likes the guy or something. ;)
I'll keep my ears open for you, and ask my Cgy buddies if they know anything.

Heather said...

you can come work for me! you can change diapers and babysit and clean my house! lol if only you lived closer... hurry up and move down here already!