Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Discomfort Determination

Me? I’m all about change. DRASTIC Change.

When it comes to hair, many women would normally have one hairstyle for a year or two at a time. And when they finally decide that it’s “time for a change” Most would either get a haircut similar to the way it was cut before, OR they decide to put maybe a few highlights in to make it look a little bit more sassy or sheik. But most of the time, people will just stick with similar hair tones and coloring as they venture through life. They may every GREAT once and a while decide for a hair color change, but eventually they will go back to the same ol’ same ole. My point is, Women do not like to get too far out of their comfort zone.

Having recently gotten married, I see many other newly married couples or…those couples who have been married 5 years or less. And to me, it almost seems that when it comes to a married woman, versus a single girl, you notice that single people are always updating their hair more often. Maybe it’s due to the fact that they aren’t poor, but let’s pretend that money isn’t a hurdle here. Why is it that married women no longer change their hair like they used to? Or up-keep it the same way? Is it because they no longer have purpose in attracting the opposite sex (their husbands)? Or is it because they feel that, although they are still in their twenties, that they have to conform and be like any other married woman out there?! The way I see it. I’m 20, and being in the 20’s age category I am entitled to be able to still act my age, even if I am married.


So….AS a 20 Year old. I have decided that I’m not going to conform. I am going to do as I well please, and I’m not going to stay in my comfort zone! What’s the point of gaining a mortal body if you can’t take a few leaps of faith sometimes!? Especially when it comes to your hair. I used to take drastic changes with my hair and I’ve decided that I’m still going too! That’s why within the next few weeks my hair will take a journey outside of its comfort zone and into the unknown! The only thing is, …I’m still attempting grow my hair out, so…it will take a more drastic color change than anything else,

but the question is…what will I do!?

3 comments:

Linda said...

My dear Angie!
I am so happy to see your blog! LOVE your wedding pics! It's fun and it's so you! I miss you so much! I got the letter from you. It gave me warm and fuzzies! Thanks! And I am looking forward to see your style change! Love you so much! -Linda

Sireena said...

HAHA I love the thing about change... crack me up... and I don't think it's because we don't won't it's just a matter of time and money, we lack one or the other or both! We pick something that is easy to do we like and keep with it... I'm not gonna lie, my hair will probably stay short for a while, I might add color here and there, but I'm really enjoying the ease of doing it! haha I love ya! Sireena

Heather said...

hey you! Heidi Carlson wants you to invite her to you blog... heidi_12@hotmail.com Love you!