Monday, August 1, 2011

Newfoundland Whale Watching

AHHH!!! SO AMAZING!!! On Sunday, our only day off in the summers, sometimes not even, we went WHALE WATCHING!!! It was SOoOo AMAZING!!! It was a company Incentive so our entire office went (The Atlantic Office) and had a big company Dinner to follow. Free food AND WHALE WATCHING!!! SWEET! I Prayed so hard that we would get to see whales up close and it was better than I imagined! The Whales were literally using our boat to scratch their backs! And when they went under us it was so crazy when they moved the boat up.
Liberty Security; Atlantic Office
Leaving Harbor for our adventure
Russell Crowe is in St. John's right now as we speak! He is shooting with the CBC T.V. Series as a guest star on "The Republic of Doyle." He's been Tweeting about St. John's for a week now. He's also doing a few shows in Town. But I guess the most amazing part of his being in town is that James and I LITERALLY parked RIGHT next to his Yacht and Didn't know it was his till we were out on the Tour boat and saw it AND RIGHT where they were in the Process of shooting, "The Republic of Doyle!" So COOL! Oh Russell Crowe, we know you saw our car, and thought, "Those Fraser's sure are awesome with that Bright Orange Mazda in my Yacht's Driveway. If only I was cool enough to sit with them for dinner on my Yacht and talk about Rugby and the all inclusive trip to Australia I am going to pay for them to come see my Rugby team." lol ... if only he WERE cool enough ;)
This is them Shooting, "Republic of Doyle" right now! That Blue car is Doyle's! (The Blue one below is).
FOG, FOG, and more FOG! Sometimes, I think that's all St. John's is good for. It makes it look so eerie.
These guys are so Goofy sometimes! Josh plays Hockey and so he has a false front tooth. Rarely will you see it out, so I took the only chance I could get to document it.
When it Sprayed it stunk like bad breath in the morning. James said it was just dead fish. I think the worst part was when it entered my open mouth. Thrice.
The Whales were so playful and acrobatic. It was like Sea World except that these whales weren't trained! They just did it because they liked the movement on the boat and the cheering. The more we waved our hands, the more they waved their fins. They even went belly up for us! I guess the tour boat, "Iceberg Quest" see these whales often, and the whales are used to the sound of their motor and so when they hear them coming they come out to play. When other boats, that they are unfamiliar with, are nearby they usually don't stick around and the guests then don't get to see a whole lot. But our Tour was AWESOME!!!
The Twins; they are about 3-4 years old and they can live up to 50 or 60!
The Humpbacks Waving to us!
Rising up out of the Water
Cape Spear; the most Eastern Point in North America
Fort Amherst
St. John's, NL
Newfoundland has been so wonderful and Beautiful. God sure knew what he was doing when he made it. The next two stops on my checklist; Twilingate to see some Iceberg's and Gros Morne National Park. Pray that I see some awesome things! I know I will be! P.S. I Hope the rest of you are having a great summer as well.
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

1 comment:

Brooke Smith said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun!! And that looks like such a beautiful place! I'm kind of jealous... haha.