Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cape Spear

A week or so ago James and I went out to Cape Spear, the most Eastern Point in North America! It is also now the Official most Eastern point I have ever been too. A lighthouse has operated at Cape Spear since September 1836. The Original Cape Spear Lighthouse (Because there are two there now) was the second lighthouse built in Newfoundland; the first was built in 1810 at Fort Amherst. Random facts that I found on Wikipedia I also kinda like being able tosay that I lived in the most Eastern City in North America, St. John's.
Anyways, James and I have been having a Blast here in Newfoundland. We live in a house with almost all of the other liberty workers and I have to say that living with guys is 100 times better than living with girls! At least, better than A girl I had to live with. They are so chill and really fun. It has been a really relaxed and fun few weeks that I have been here so far.
Some of the Liberty Guy's we live with.
The weather has been really rainy and windy, but the last few days it has really cleared up. What I mean is, We Actually Saw the SUN! I don't mind the weather because the company has been great, but Seeing the Sun makes this Newfoundland Adventure that much better.
The Giant rocks were crazy! They looked like they were made up of small rocks red cemented together.
WWII Canon's and Bunkers left around the Cliffs.
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

No comments: